Will there be OpenFoam_8 Adapter for Precice_v3

Dear Precice Team,

I am very new to the precice community, and have recently discovered about Precice and how useful it will be for my research, especially the FMI_runner tool. Unfortauntely, the Openfoam solver I am working on is only developed in Openfoam_8. However, I have successfully installed the latest Precice_3 and then later noticed there isn’t an Openfoam adapter_1.3.1 for the foundation version.

So, I was wondering if I install using the openfoam.com adapter, will it work for my Openfoam_8?
Also, as Precice_3 is the future, is there plans for Precice_3 to support openfoam foundation edition?

Thank you. Will be grateful for your answer.

Best regards,
Henry

Hi @ibitscholar,

the short answer is: I want to, but struggle finding time and energy to do that. Eventually, there will probably be releases for multiple other versions.

We are currently discussing how to continue supporting other OpenFOAM versions than the latest ESI on Policy on support for OpenFOAM.org and other versions · Issue #328 · precice/openfoam-adapter · GitHub. The more reason there is to support a specific version, the higher the priority.