Problem with installing the OpenFOAM adapter

Describe of my system:

• preCICE version, 2.1
  • Operating system or platform, Ubuntu 18.04
  • Installation method, bin package
  • Dependency versions, I have already install preCICE 2.1 and openfoam 6

Insert here short errors/output and some context using a code snippet (three ` in the beginning, three ` at the end):

Current OpenFOAM environment:
  WM_PROJECT = OpenFOAM
  WM_PROJECT_VERSION = 6

The adapter will be built into:
  ADAPTER_TARGET_DIR    = /home/jlong/OpenFOAM/jlong-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib

The following building options will be used:
  ADAPTER_PREP_FLAGS    = -DADAPTER_DEBUG_MODE
  ADAPTER_WMAKE_OPTIONS = 

Dependencies (preCICE) will be located using the following environment variables:
  ADAPTER_PRECICE_ROOT  = 
      preCICE dependencies: not specified (ok if preCICE is built as a shared library)
  ADAPTER_PKG_CONFIG_CFLAGS       = 
  ADAPTER_PKG_CONFIG_LIBS         = -lprecice
  ADAPTER_GLOBAL_CPLUS_INC_PATHS  = 
  ADAPTER_GLOBAL_LD_LIBRARY_PATHS = -L/opt/ThirdParty-6/platforms/linux64Gcc/gperftools-svn/lib -L/opt/paraviewopenfoam56/lib -L/opt/openfoam6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/openmpi-system -L/opt/ThirdParty-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32/lib/openmpi-system -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/openmpi/lib -L/home/jlong/OpenFOAM/jlong-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib -L/opt/site/6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib -L/opt/openfoam6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib -L/opt/ThirdParty-6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32/lib -L/opt/openfoam6/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/dummy 
  ADAPTER_GLOBAL_LIBRARY_PATHS    = 

Building with WMake (see the wmake.log log file)...

=== ERROR: Building failed. See wmake.log for more. ===
Possible causes:
- Make sure you are using a compatible version of the adapter for your OpenFOAM version:
  https://github.com/precice/openfoam-adapter/wiki/Notes-on-OpenFOAM
- Is preCICE discoverable at compile time? Check the content of ADAPTER_PKG_CONFIG_CFLAGS above.

Anyone who can help?

Welcome, @Long_Jiang! I can probably help you, but I would also need to see your wmake.log.

wmake.log (238.9 KB)
Thanks so much for you reply. I am newer in preCICE and Here is the log .

I just solved this problem and waiting for the wmake to be finished. I guess the problem could be that I have another file named β€œnew” in dir β€œβ€¦/”, so there will be some conflicts. Possible future adapter may check this before run wmake?

1 Like

Good point, @Long_Jiang! I wonder how this has not been a problem before. Could you please try removing this line and let me know if this fixes your problem?

@Long_Jiang did my suggestion of removing -I ../ work for you? Do you still have this issue?

Yes, many thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.