preCICE Workshop 2022: Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone,

I’m Nevena Perovic-Rott, I finished my PhD a year ago at the TU Minuch in the area of free surface flows (coupled 2D and 3D models). I’m working now in Simscale GmbH and I wanted to explore further possibilities of using PreCICE in a day-to-day work. I’m totally new to this, so I will be probably eagerly listening to all of you experienced users and ask thousand and one question :slight_smile:

See you later!

6 Likes

@IshaanDesai the top post links to https://www.precice.org/precice-workshop-2022.html for which github serves the “wrong” SSL cert. The link should drop the www I think.

3 Likes

Hello! My name is Rubén Benito. I am also working at SimScale GmbH as my colleague @Nevena_Perovic_Rott. My main area of interest is FSI in Aerolastic appications. I have used other FSI packages in the past, but I have no experience with PreCICE and I’m really looking forward to know more about it.

About myself: I studied Aerospace Engineering in the Technical University of Madrid, and Mechanical Engineering in Carlos III University. I completed my studies with an Aerospace Vehicle Design MSc in Cranfield University.

See you at the workshop! All the best.

6 Likes

Hello. I am Gary Couples, an ancient academic from Heriot-Watt. I have experience from long ago in writing interfaces between fluid simulations and geomechanics sims. In the last couple of decades (easy to say when you get old!) I have become involved in many topics that involve important couplings and interactions between mechanics, fluids, thermal and bio//chemical loadings. I will be developing new works in the coming years, and want to see if preCICE will be a good method of assisting in the coupling of process simulations (I expect that it will be helpful). I will not attend the training sessions this week, partly because I am behind in meeting a deadline for next week, and partly because I seldom get to spend time coding anymore. If I gain a good overview of preCICE (looks like this will be true), then I can point other colleagues to the correct starting points, and also be able to engage with them as the make use of the application. Look forward to the sessions this week.

5 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Andres and i’m an engineer working at INGENIACITY S.L. I would love to learn how to use Precice to connect OpenFOAM and structural solvers to do FSI, CHT simulations.

4 Likes

Ahoihoi everyone,
my name is Norbert Hofbauer I study Mechanical Engineering at the TU Vienna. I am new to preCICE and this is my first workshop. I do quite a lot with calculix and i look forward to get some ideas about how i can use the preCICE adapter in the future.

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am Julian Kimmerl and I am a Research Engineer at SCHOTTEL www.schottel.de. I have the task to establish a way to couple fluid and structure simulations within the company. preCICE seems like a good candidate to learn the basics and we have started with the first steps. We are running preCICE with CalculiX combined with the HELYX-Core distribution of OpenFOAM. The long-term goal is to couple OpenFOAM with a commercial structural solver.

4 Likes

Bom dia & hello everyone,
my name is Manuel Rentschler and I am a marine engineer committed to renewable energies and sustainable technologies. I hold a MSc in Ship Technology and Ocean Engineering from University of Rostock, Germany. Supported by my previous employer blueOASIS I am about to start my PhD “On coupled meso-microscale modeling towards digital twins of ocean systems” at Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal.
The idea of the work is to create new simulation tools for more realistic modelling of ocean energy devices, e.g. by coupling regional weather models with local/device-scale viscous-flow CFD simulations. So far, I am completelty new to preCICE, but foresee that it could play a vital part in my PhD. Therefore, I am excited to kickstart the project with this workshop, collect experiences from others and get inspired! I am particularly interested in the CFD/OpenFOAM implementations, as later I will certainly try out similar couplings with our solver of choice ReFRESCO.
Cheers,
Manuel

5 Likes

Hello community,

my name is Marko Josić, like my colleague @NorbertH, I am also studying mechanical engineering at the TU Vienna. My interests are in the field of computational fluid dynamics and the development of efficient algorithms.

For me this is the first participation in the preCICE workshop and I am very excited about the presentations.

5 Likes

Hi everyone

I am Nicolas, a PhD student at Ghent University. The last couple of years, I have been working on FSI calculations and developing a new algorithm, which I will present in my talk on Tuesday “Complementing black‐box acceleration with surrogate information”.
I have come into contact with preCICE quite often in the past couple of years, but I up to this point I have never used it myself. Finally, my github profile is nicolasdlss.

Hope to see you all at the workshop :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello All

I am Dr. Shyam Sunder Yadav, Assistant Professor in the Mechanical Engineering department at BITS Pilani, India. I work in the areas of two phase electrohydrodynamic flows, FSI of turbine blades.

Thanks for the workshop!

4 Likes

Hi, this is Arpan Sircar, I am a postdoc at Oak Ridge National Lab (ORNL) in the USA. Please find my complete introduction from last year’s workshop here.

I have been working with preCICE for a year now, trying to do volumetric coupling with OpenFOAM. While I have been working on this project on and off over the last year, there is quite a bit of continued interest and drive for further research on this topic from my peers. I would very much like to learn about how to make the couplings through preCICE more efficient via the use of time-stepping algorithms and better coupling schemes. Looking forward to developing collaborations with other researchers interested in this topic.

5 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Cansu Ayaz, a Ph.D. student at Dokuz Eylül University in Turkey. I am interested in the FSI study, and I am new to this area. I hope to learn about PreCICE and OpenFOAM coupling. Thank you for the workshop.

4 Likes

Hello Everyone,

I’m a PhD candidate at University of Twente working on the modeling of magnetic fluids using OpenFOAM. I’m a complete newbie to preCISE and attending this workshop to explore the coupling of FOAM with DEM solver.

Best regards,
Shubham

5 Likes

Hello community,

My name is Sina Tajfirooz. I am a research consultant at Nuclear Research Group (NRG) in the Netherlands. My github: Sinatj (Sina Tajfirooz) · GitHub
I have been working with preCICE for almost a year now. At NRG, we mainly use preCICE for fluid-structure interaction simulations of flow-induced vibration phenomena that are relevant for Nuclear reactor safety and optimization. I am looking forward to the 2022 workshop!

5 Likes

Hello everybody,
My name ist Boshra and I am a Bachelor student at the university of Stuttgart. I am currently working on my thesis, which deals with the data mapping part of preCICE. More specifically, I am implementing a new data mapping method, that is projection-based and which uses gradient data to better approximate the output values.
This is my first preCICE Workshop and I am looking forward to learn more about other aspects of the software.

4 Likes

Hello, My name is Idrees and I am a young computational scientist. I have background of BE and MS in Intelligent Systems and Mechatronics and I love developing simulations and solvers from scratch and quite new to this though. My main interests include computational mechanics and rigid body dynamics as well as its coupling with Fluid mechanics.

I am really inspired from the preCICE tool, and really excited about the preCICE workshop to learn more and network with like minded scholars and developers.

Thanks.
P.S: feel free to connect me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/midrees321/

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am Dr. Ibrahim Kaleel. I am a postdoctoral fellow at Multiscale and Multiphysics Modeling branch at NASA Glenn Research Center. We are currently exploring the possibility of using preCICE for coupling our in-house recursive multiscale code to macro solver (ABAQUS, Calculix etc.). Looking forward to the workshop.

5 Likes

Hi,

I am Abdullah, a doctoral candidate at the University of Stuttgart. I am working on developing decoupled integration schemes of higher-order for coupled elliptic-parabolic systems (an application is network poroelasticity system). For implementation, I use FEniCS.

I am surrounded by preCICE developers, hence exploring preCICE to find more common grounds. A starting point that I am thinking about is to use preCICE for decoupled solves of the coupled elliptic-parabolic systems where each subsystem is solved using FEniCS.

This is my first participation in preCICE workshop.

5 Likes