Issues with Quickstart rigid body solver building

Hello,
Currently I’m working with OpenFOAM 20v06 and I am installing the Precice-adapter package just to have some errors.
I have uploaded the log_error txt file having the message error.

With this error, I can assess the quickstart tutorial.
Please how can I solve such issue?Log_Error.txt (31.1 KB)

Hi Axel,

I understand from the log file that you have issues with the Qiuckstart tutorial when trying to build the rigit body solver. First error:

[ 50%] Linking CXX executable rigid_body_solver
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libboost_filesystem.so.1.71.0, needed by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libprecice.so.2.2.0, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

Did you build preCICE from source? How did you install Boost? It is probably that Boost is not discoverable in your system (e.g. it is not in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH: Building from source - Dependencies | preCICE - The Coupling Library).

Hi Makish,
I realized that I did not install Boost.
I just successfully installed Boost. I guess.
But when I opened a new terminal, I have this message error :
bash: /home/user/.bashrc: line 126: syntax error near unexpected token newline' bash: /home/user/.bashrc: line 126: export BOOST_ROOT=’
You can more details in the image.

Please help.
The error is persisting I and can’t run the quick start tutorial.

Best regards,
Axel

How did you install boost?

It seems like you have edited the .bashrc file in your home directory. Open it go to line 126 and fix it. It seems that you want to set BOOST_ROOT to some meaningful value (in this case a meaningful path). It seems that it is set to <BOOST> which is not meaningful. It should be something like export BOOST_ROOT=/home/user/boost-1.72.0/ (just an example).

If you have installed Boost via the package manager of your Linux, you normally do not have to set BOOST_ROOT manually. In this case you should remove the problematic line from your .bashrc.

Hi again Makish,

I just built from source the dependencies Boost, Eigen, PetSc, etc…
untill now, this is the error I am still receiving in the logfile.

What could be the source of this error?

Hi Ajaust,
I have followed the steps given on the website : Building from source - Dependencies | preCICE - The Coupling Library, point 5 (under Build boost from source).

I have removed the line export BOOST_ROOT= and that message error disappear from the terminal.
However, when running the Quickstart tut, still having some errors as shown in the error_log file attached.
error2.txt (31.1 KB)

Please what could caused this?

Best regards,
Axel

Hi,

if you have followed the guide and installed Boost from source, you will need the line export BOOST_ROOT=<prefix> in your .bashrc. However, you have to replace the <prefix> part by the system path to your Boost installation.

This means, you need to put the path in that you have also used when installing boost using the command

./bootstrap.sh --with-libraries=log,thread,system,filesystem,program_options,test --prefix=<prefix>

Which Linux are you using? It might be easier for you to use the precompiled preCICE package and the precompiled dependencies.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.