Errors while running quickstart with OpenFOAMv1706 and preCICEv2211.0

Hi,
I have problems when I running quickstart. OpenFOAM adapter is successfully installed, but there are
errors when I running run.sh in fluid-foam of quickstart.

My system:

• preCICE: v2.5.0
  • Ubuntu 20.04
  • Installation method: building preCICE with .deb file, OpenFOAM with Allwmake, adapter with Allwmake
  • Dependency versions:
    -compiler gcc-7 g+±7,
    -Boost libboost1.71-dev:amd64,
    -PETSc 3.12.4+dfsg1-1,
    -MPI (Open MPI) 4.0.3
Error: This is an error
--> FOAM FATAL ERROR: 
Error in the preCICE adapter: 
There was a problem while configuring the adapter. See the log for details.
 pointVectorField are
0()

From function void adapterInfo(std::__cxx11::string, std::__cxx11::string)
    in file Utilities.C at line 32.

FOAM exiting

the same adapter (openfoam-adapter_v1.2.3_OpenFOAMv1806) also failed on OpenFOAMv1806 when installing.

In file included from /home/fyw/disk/fyw/Download/OpenFOAM-v1806/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/runTimeSelectionTables.H:40:0,
                 from /home/fyw/disk/fyw/Download/OpenFOAM-v1806/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/token.H:49,
                 from /home/fyw/disk/fyw/Download/OpenFOAM-v1806/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/Istream.H:47,
                 from /home/fyw/disk/fyw/Download/OpenFOAM-v1806/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/ISstream.H:39,
                 from /home/fyw/disk/fyw/Download/OpenFOAM-v1806/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/IOstreams.H:38,
                 from lnInclude/Utilities.H:40,
                 from lnInclude/CouplingDataUser.H:4,
                 from FSI/ForceBase.H:5,
                 from FSI/Force.H:4,
                 from FSI/Force.C:1:
/home/fyw/disk/fyw/Download/OpenFOAM-v1806/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude/autoPtr.H:261:14: note: declared here
         void operator=(T* p) = delete;
              ^~~~~~~~
make: *** [/home/fyw/disk/fyw/Download/OpenFOAM-v1806/wmake/rules/General/transform:35:Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/FSI/Force.o] 错误 1
=== ERROR: Building failed. See wmake.log for more. ===
Possible causes:
- Make sure you are using a compatible version of the adapter for your OpenFOAM version:
  https://www.precice.org/adapter-openfoam-support.html
- Is preCICE discoverable at compile time? Check the content of ADAPTER_PKG_CONFIG_CFLAGS above.
Attach your Allwmake.log and wmake.log when asking for help.

Hello, yanwei,

According to your log information, the problem seems to be that the OpenFOAM version is incompatible.

Possible causes:
- Make sure you are using a compatible version of the adapter for your OpenFOAM version:
  https://www.precice.org/adapter-openfoam-support.html

The minimum openfoam version listed on the preCICE website is OpenFOAM V1812(https://precice.org/adapter-openfoam-support.html). I suggest you improve the OpenFOAM version first, which may solve your problem.

Good luck to you.

Versions older than v1812 are not tested, so I am not surprised that the adapter does not compile anymore. Since it is difficult for me to test it at the moment, please try previous versions (mainly v1.1.0 and v1.0.0) and let me know which work and which not:

Hello, daxiangxiang,

PreCICE v2.5 successfully installed, but the adapter can only work when using CHT module.

I open a new topic for this problem.(OpenFOAM adapter or just preCICE function?)

Thanks a lot for replying!

Hi, Makis,

Adapter v1.2.3 successfully installed with OpenFOAM v1706, and turtorial flow-over-heated-plate with module CHT works well.

I need to couple dsmcFoam with C++ DEM solver now, so I open a new topic here. (OpenFOAM adapter or just preCICE function?)

Thanks a lot for replying!

I am not sure I understand: v1706 compiles, but v1806 does not?