Error during deal.II-adapter building

Hi !
I want to install the deal.II-adapter to run the OpenFOAM-deal.II cylinder flap test case scenario.
My commands were

git clone https://github.com/precice/dealii-adapter.git 
cd dealii-adapter
cmake -DDEAL_II_DIR=/home/tdg/OpenFOAM/precice/dealii/build -DDIM=3 .

However I get this error message:

/home/tdg/OpenFOAM/precice/dealii-adapter/coupled_elasto_dynamics.cc: In instantiation of ‘adapter::Coupled
ElastoDynamics<dim>::CoupledElastoDynamics(const string&) [with int dim = 3; std::__cxx11::string = std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>]’:
/home/tdg/OpenFOAM/precice/dealii-adapter/coupled_elasto_dynamics.cc:1289:69:   required from here
/home/tdg/OpenFOAM/precice/dealii-adapter/coupled_elasto_dynamics.cc:507:26: error: no matching function for call to ‘precice::SolverInterface::SolverInterface(std::__cxx11::string&, std::__cxx11::string&, int, int)’
     , case_path(case_path)
                          ^
In file included from /home/tdg/OpenFOAM/precice/dealii-adapter/coupled_elasto_dynamics.cc:46:
/usr/local/include/precice/SolverInterface.hpp:812:3: note: candidate: ‘precice::SolverInterface::SolverInterface(const precice::SolverInterface&)’
   SolverInterface ( const SolverInterface& copy );
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/local/include/precice/SolverInterface.hpp:812:3: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 4 provided
In file included from /home/tdg/OpenFOAM/precice/dealii-adapter/coupled_elasto_dynamics.cc:46:
/usr/local/include/precice/SolverInterface.hpp:70:3: note: candidate: ‘precice::SolverInterface::SolverInterface(const string&, int, int, void*)’
   SolverInterface (
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/local/include/precice/SolverInterface.hpp:70:3: note:   no known conversion for argument 2 from ‘std::__cxx11::string’ {aka ‘std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>’} to ‘int’
/usr/local/include/precice/SolverInterface.hpp:55:3: note: candidate: ‘precice::SolverInterface::SolverInterface(const string&, int, int)’
   SolverInterface (
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/local/include/precice/SolverInterface.hpp:55:3: note:   candidate expects 3 arguments, 4 provided
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/coupled_elasto_dynamics.dir/build.make:63: CMakeFiles/coupled_elasto_dynamics.dir/coupled_elasto_dynamics.cc.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:169: CMakeFiles/coupled_elasto_dynamics.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:84: all] Error 2

I tested the “step-1” test case of dealii and it passed fine. Can you help me sort this out ?

Dear @dashqua,

this is an easy fix! :smiley:

We are currently preparing for our preCICE v2 release, which introduces breaking changes to the API. It looks like you used the development version of our deal.II adapter. Please try again with the master branch or wait until tomorrow to install preCICE v2.

The respective changes are described in this guide (currently under construction).

Dear @Makis,

I managed to solve the issue by pulling the master branch and I was able to build the deal.ii-adapter !
Nonetheless, I am interested in preCICE v2 and I am likely to move to it if there is not much to do, as I just started using it. Where can I find more information about it ? (at that time, I have not seen any change on the main github page)

I was surprised by how fast you tackled my issue, thanks for the help !

1 Like

Dear @dashqua,

a compatible version of the dealii-adapter will be available, when precicev2 is released.

Please note, that the dealii-adapter is not a general adapter and you will not be able to run any cases offhand. The adapter is more an example for your own dealii code. More information are also in the dealii wiki.

1 Like

We are a bit behind schedule currently. v2.0 should hopefully be out next week. For more information, you could look at the milestone or our roadmap.

1 Like