Visualize the nodes for the coupling interface

is there a way to visualize the nodes contained actually contained in the coupling interface. As I have run my FSI simulation, and the fluid side (OpenFOAM) warns me that a few points from the solid side (Calculix) has been filtered out since they have no influences on the simulation. I would like to check if this filterring make sense or not.

You can configure your precice-config.xml to export the coupling points. Please refer to the documentation at Export configuration | preCICE - The Coupling Library.

<participant name="MySolver1"> 
    <export:vtu directory="preCICE-output" />
</participant>
2 Likes

Exactly as Michael pointed out. Check out the Visualization with ParaView section in the page he linked. However, I think that page is updated for 2.4.0 which is not out yet. I was able to export the meshes in the VTK format using 2.3.0 (and not in the VTU format as suggested there).

You are right. I updated the page as it was in dire need of some TLC.

The VTK exporter works for version 2.3.0 and before.
The new exporters will be released with version 2.4.0 and are preferred as they behave consistently for serial and parallel participants.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.