Hi everyone, here are some updates since I built a new mesh for Calculix, not suprisingly, errors occured, but it seems that they are still similar to errors as I posted above. See here:Fluid.log (18.7 KB) Solid.log (7.5 KB) stderr.log (26.1 KB)
Also, I forgot to include the vtk export files to this post, and I have changed the format into txt:
Calculix_Mesh-Fluid.init_master.txt (1.3 KB) Calculix_Mesh-Fluid.init_r16.txt (193.3 KB)
I don’t quite understand that why the errors keep happenning since this case was totally workbale with my previous orignal CalculiX mesh. The CalculiX mesh I’m now using: all.msh (182.0 KB) fix1.nam (319 Bytes) flap.inp (837 Bytes) surface.nam (15.6 KB)
Yesterday, I switched back to the orignal CalculiX mesh, and it can be run without any problem, so I’m pretty sure the OpenFOAM side and the precice.xml file are just fine, the problem is on the CalculiX side.
The reason why I want to re-run my simulation using a new CalculiX mesh is because the results were not very satisfying and I suspect this was probably because the element type I used in CalculiX mesh was C3D8, and also considering the number of cells in my mesh is not very large, now I want to use C3D20R to avoid potential shear locking, to see whether this can give me a better result.
Hope these information has specified the situation I’m currently dealing with. If you need more information please fell free to reply.