preCICE Workshop 2022: Introduce yourself!

Hey everybody,

I’m Fritz Otlinghaus, currently doing my master thesis with preCICE, MicroManager, FEBio and libroadrunner at the University of Stuttgart.
I have some limited experience with preCICE, from a lecture, so I’m looking forward to get a deeper understanding.

Regards

6 Likes

Hi there :slight_smile:

My name is Julia Pelzer (JuliaPelzer · GitHub). I just started working on my PhD at the University of Stuttgart. My PhD-topic will evolve somewhere around surrogate models for groundwater flow simulations.
I used preCICE briefly in a lecture two years ago… Hence, I am looking forward to a refreshing introduction about how to apply preCICE, and potential fields of application and limitations in this context.

Looking forward to meeting you all :wink:

6 Likes

Hello Everyone,

my name is Sarah Dietrich and I am working as PhD candidate at the Institute of vehicle systems technology (FAST) at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). My research focus is simulating the manufacturing process of fiber reinforced plastics during Resin Transfer Molding (RTM) process.

This is my first preCICE workshop. Since a few month I am getting started using preCICE. My aim is to simulate the interaction between a fluid infiltrating a fiber semifinished product with inserted foam core and the deformation of the soft foam material.

Moreover, I am planning on a multi-scale approach to model the form-filling behavior of TFP-structures. For TFP-structures the meso-scale is important since there can occur gaps between fiber rovings that are at least one scale larger than the gaps between the fibers in the roving and thus the filling behavior is significantly influenced by the roving arrangement.

I am attending the preCICE workshop with two aims. First of all, I want to get to know preCICE and its community. And second, I want to learn more about the multi-scale coupling approach by means of a Micro-Manager in preCICE.

Looking forward to meet you next week :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi!

I’m Benjamin Rodenberg and another preCICE developer. I’m a PhD candidate at Technical University of Munich and I am working on bringing multirate and higher-order time stepping into preCICE. I will present the latest developments in this direction in my talk on Wednesday “From low-order to high-order coupling schemes”.

At the workshop I would like to get in touch with users of the FEniCS adapter, the python bindings, and everybody who is particularly interested in time stepping for coupled problems.

See you at the workshop!
Benjamin

6 Likes

Hello everyone,

I’m Chaitanya Kandekar. I just started my PhD at Helmut-Schmidt University, Hamburg.

Currently, I am working on a Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC) problem.
So while dealing with SCC, I will need to solve multifield, multi-scale coupled problems, for which I want to start using Fenics and preCICE.

I am completely new to preCICE. My aim for this workshop is to learn preCICE from basics and would also like to know the preCICE community.

Looking forward to meeting you all next week!

6 Likes

Hi,

I am Alexander Jaust and I am a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Stuttgart. I am also a member of the collaborative research center SFB1313 where I couple porous media problems using preCICE as part of project D02. I will also give a presentation about the simulation of flow in deformable fractures during this workshop. Besides this I also work on coupling free and porous-medium flow with DuMuX for which I am developing an adapter.

You can find me on GitHub as ajaust where I have mainly some smaller codes and lecture material. An extended description of me and my background can be found in my last year’s introduction.

I am looking forward to see what cool applications others are using preCICE for and I am also curious about the new features the preCICE developers will present.

Looking forward to meet you next week.

5 Likes

Hi :wave:

Really great to read all your introductions :hugs:
Concerning myself, not tooo much has changed compared to last year:

I will introduce the “preCICE support program” during the workshop and I very interested in your opinion on this.

And you will also see me during the “preCICE Course”. My goal is again to meet and speak to everybody during the 4 days.

Looking really forward to next week
Benjamin

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am Kürşat Yurt and I am a master student at the Technical University of Munich. I am working on development of ASTE tool of preCICE which is used for testing mappings and will be used for adapter development. For 1.5 years I have been using preCICE for CSD-CFD coupling of helicopter simulations. I am excited to meet new people and have some interesting discussions.

5 Likes

Hi there, my name is Carlos Aznarán. This is my GitHub/Lab profile.

Recently, I maintain some dune modules and pyprecice.

Previously, I attend last year to virtual Dune Course, on the other hand, in a brief numerics course we focus on step-21 from deal.II’s tutorial.

Since this is my first workshop, I will be working on a virtual machine.
It is a privilege for me to stand in this workshop.

Regards.

7 Likes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Sanjoy Kumar Saha. I am a Master’s course student in the division of Mechanical and Space Engineering, Hokkaido University, Japan. The theme of my research is focused on predicting the dynamic behavior of re-entry capsules in supersonic and hypersonic regions.
I have recently started using preCICE to simulate the interaction between a fluid and flexible materials of the heat shield in space transport systems. This is my first preCICE workshop. Through it, I want to get to know preCICE and excited to meet the community.

Looking forward to see you next week.

6 Likes

Hi everyone,
I am Erik Scheurer, a bachelor student at the University of Stuttgart. I’m studying Simulation Technology doing my Bachelors thesis. Since summer of last year I’ve been working on the ls-dyna adapter and the julia bindings of PreCICE.

This will be my first workshop and I’m looking forward to next week!

6 Likes

Hello Everyone:)
My name is Mishal Raza and I am a senior, currently pursuing my Bachelors in Mechanical and Energy Engineering, with a minor in math, at the University of North Texas. I work as an Undergraduate Research Assistant at the University’s CFD lab and am part of UNT’s Super Grad Track which means that I can start my Ph.D. as soon as I graduate with my Bachelors.

We have worked on several research projects ranging from ship hydrodynamics to bio transport. My research involves the use of our recently developed novel interpolation-free sharp-interface Immersed Boundary Method and couple it with a structural solver to conduct FSI on a realistic structure of the human aortic valve. This information is to be utilized to observe the deposit patterns of calcium on valve leaflets in order to aid in curing Calcific Aortic Valve Disease.

I am fairly new to preCICE and was able to install it on my laptop but have still been having issues with its installation on a cluster however, as I deal with that, I would love to learn more about case setup from scratch using CalculiX or DealII and OpenFOAM.

Super excited to meet amazing researchers and looking forward to this workshop!

5 Likes

Hi there,

My name is Frédéric Simonis. I a PhD candidate at the Technical University of Munich and one of the core developers of preCICE. My primary focus is to keep preCICE in ship shape condition and modernize it beyond that. I frequently take the role of the Release Manager and am keeping preCICE in-line with the Extreme-scale Scientific Software Development Kit or xSDK.

My research involves the implementation of adaptive-dynamic meshes in preCICE, which will enable the use of adaptive mesh-refinement at the solver interface meshes as well as solver-steered re-meshing.

During this workshop, I would like to find out how we can improve the availability and usability of preCICE in the short- and long-term.

Looking forward to meeting you next week!

5 Likes

Hello eveyone,
I am Muhammad Hassani from Max Planck institute for Iron Research. I am a Postdoctoral researcher working on integration of new simulation tools into pyiron, the IDE for material science. Pyiron provides an environment to ease the development of complex simulation workflows.
In this workshop, I will introduce pyiron and how one can use it to perform coupled FEniCS simulations using precice.
Look forward to meeting you in the workshop.

6 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Boris Martin and I am a master student at the Technical University of Munich. I’ve been working on the CalculiX adapter for ~6 months to keep it up to date, improve its usability & documentation and chase some bugs. I’m looking forward to broaden my perspectives.

6 Likes

Hi,

My name is Elif Demir. I am a PhD student at Istanbul Technical University. I will work on an aeroelastic problem in hypersonic flow regime. This is also my first preCICE workshop. I want to learn the details of preCICE configuration.

See you at the workshop.

5 Likes

Hi,

My name is Anand Parinam, I am a PhD student at TU Delft. I will work on an aero-servo-elastic coupling on Wind turbines. This is also my first preCICE workshop. I am expecting to learn Fluid structure interactions and coupling between them.

Looking forward to meeting you all in workshop.

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

my name is Thomas Krispel! I am currently a Master Student (mechanical engineering) at TU Graz and am working on CFD analysis of blood flow in the aorta. I am completely new to preCICE and therefor this is my first workshop.

See you at the workshop!

5 Likes

Hi there!

My name is Arved Enders-Seidlitz and I am PhD student at Leibniz Institute for Crystal Growth. Since the last workshop I got involved with the preCICE coupling of Elmer / FEniCSx with OpenFOAM, about which I will tell you more on Tuesday.

On GitHub you can find me as arvedes, where I spend most of the time in the repositories of the nemocrys project. Recently, I also contributed a bit to the (experimental) Elmer / FEniCSx adapters.

At the workshop I am particularly interested in couplings involving FEniCS, Elmer and OpenFOAM and I am curious to learn more about the latest development of preCICE.

I am looking forward to meet you all soon!

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am Steffen Gerhäusser from the University of Stuttgart. I started my PhD at the Institute of Statics and Dynamics for Aerospace Structures. My PhD topic is the multiscale simulation of the human liver, for which I am looking forward to use preCICE.

I am relatively new to preCICE, as I have only done some tutroials so far.

Best regards

5 Likes