preCICE Workshop 2021: Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone,

I am Alexander Jaust and I am working as postdoctoral researcher at the University of Stuttgart. I joined the department Simulation of Large Systems where I work on parallel couplings for interface problems within the CRC1313 using preCICE. Even though I am at the same department as some of the preCICE developers, I am mainly a user of preCICE.

After studying Computational Engineering Science i did a joint PhD at RWTH Aachen and Hasselt University. I have also worked at the supercomputer in Leuven for about a year. In total, I spent almost three great years in Belgium before returning back to Germany. You can find more about me on my personal homepage or simply ask. :slight_smile:

In my current work, I couple all kind of porous-media problems. The focus at the moment is on hydromechanical coupled simulations and coupling of free and porous-medium flow. For the hydromechanical simulations we couple two FEniCS codes and one of the main challenges at the moment is the mixed-dimensional modeling used. For the coupled free and porous-medium flow I use DuMuX which is a solver framework tailored for porous media. My goal is to eventually contribute a dumux-precice adapter in the near future.

Since I am mainly a user of preCICE, my contributions to the project mainly due to complaints and suggestions on GitHub. However, due to the use of FEniCS I am an active user of the Python bindings and eventually contributed to the Spack package for these bindings

Regarding the workshop, I am looking forward to see what others do with preCICE and what the current developments are. It is also always a great opportunity to meet new people. I will try to get you interested in (parts of) my work. :wink:

See you next week!
Alex

Related Links:

6 Likes