preCICE Workshop 2021: Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone!

I am Ishaan Desai, a preCICE developer and a PhD candidate in the department of Usability and Sustainability of Simulation Software at the University of Stuttgart. You may remember me from the last workshop, back then I was a working student with the preCICE team at the Technical University of Munich.

I have been involved with preCICE for more than two years. I contribute to the FEniCS adapter and Python bindings and also work a lot with the tutorial cases. I am also attempting to update the FLUENT adapter for preCICE to be usable with latest ANSYS versions.

During my Master thesis work I explored the possibilities of using preCICE in nuclear fusion modelling. My thesis supervisor Andreas Stegmeir from Max Planck Institute of Plasma Physics will give an interesting talk on this topic during this workshop. My current research interest is in exploring micro-macro scale coupling. In this workshop I will present the new FEniCS Adapter design and its corresponding usage.

I studied mechanical engineering in India and later computational science and engineering (CSE) at TUM.

During this workshop I am looking forward to interacting with new and experienced users of preCICE and get to know their experiences of using the adapters, language bindings and tutorials. I am also excited to see new applications areas where preCICE is being used!

See you all next week!

3 Likes