preCICE Workshop 2021: Introduce yourself!

Hi!

I am Prasad ADHAV. I am a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Luxembourg, and I am a part of the LuXDEM team. My Ph.D. topic is “Complex particle laden Fluid-Structure interaction”.

I have done my bachelor’s in Mechanical engineering and my master’s in Computational Mechanics. Currently, I am working on a project for the evaluation of erosion inside Abrasive Water Jet Cutting Nozzle. This entails coupling OpenFOAM (for CFD), CalculiX (for FEM) and XDEM (for particle motion).

I have been using the preCICE library since April 2020. And started working on modifications to the OpenFOAM adapter required to couple with XDEM later that year. My colleagues have developed the xdem adapter in-house, they presented the work in the 1st preCICE workshop. I am currently working on it to have coupled simulations with the multiphase flow.

In the coming preCICE workshop, I intend to learn more about using the preCICE API, understand the coding of the adapters, understanding how to make my coupled simulation converge, how to use the parallel-implicit coupling schemes, and possibly make them run faster, how to use some of the new features of preCICE. I also intend to discuss some ideas I have regarding my project and get some comments, feedback, and some direction for future work. And also have some open questions for the preCICE team. Finally, I am also excited to see all the work going on using preCICE and interact with the community. :grin:

Some topics I would like hands-on experience with:

• Summation action
  • Multiphase coupled simulations with default OpenFOAM adapter
  • CalculiX adapter with CalculiX complied with multi-thread for parallel runs
  • CalculiX adapter modifications to pause after *STEP completion for frequency calculations

See you next week in the workshop. :smiley:

4 Likes