preCICE Workshop 2021: Introduce yourself!

Let me break the ice, then. :ice_cube:

My name is Gerasimos Chourdakis, most people call me Makis (in Greek: Gerasimos :arrow_right: Gerasimakis :arrow_right: Makis. Strange, I know, don’t even ask me about the “H”).

I am currently in the middle of my PhD at the Technical University of Munich (Department of Informatics, SCCS). Eventually, I want to bring geometric multiscale (1D-3D, 2D-3D etc) coupling methods into preCICE. Next to my long-term project, I am contributing to several repositories (tutorials, adapters, website/documentation) trying to improve how the different components work together for the (new) user and I am trying to help the community grow. I am maintaining the OpenFOAM adapter repository and I am working on a new ATHLET adapter. I also love teaching (e.g. Programming in C++, CFD, Partitioned FSI) and you can find more information on my webpage.

I started using and contributing to preCICE during my Master’s Thesis and I discovered it while looking for a topic. One of the talks I recently enjoyed giving was a preCICE training session at the OpenFOAM Workshop 2020:

I am very excited about this workshop! Apart from meeting people I did not yet have the chance to talk with and learning from their work, I want to learn (by doing) effective ways to make an online conference engaging.

Main forum topics I would like to discuss:

4 Likes