Issue with solver dummy

I am trying to execute a solver dummy which runs in serial configuration:

python3 ./solverdummy-python-parallel.py ../precice-config-parallel.xml SolverOne &> log.runOne &
python3 ./solverdummy-python-parallel.py ../precice-config-parallel.xml SolverTwo &> log.runTwo &

but gets stuck while running in parallel in partitioned configuration:

mpirun -n 2 -hostfile hosts.SolverOne python3 ./solverdummy-python-parallel.py ../precice-config-parallel.xml SolverOne &> log.runOne &
mpirun -n 2 -hostfile hosts.SolverTwo python3 ./solverdummy-python-parallel.py ../precice-config-parallel.xml SolverTwo &> log.runTwo &

Both log.runOne and log.runTwo show the same stage at which the simulation is stuck:

preCICE:^[[0m This is preCICE version 2.4.0
preCICE:^[[0m Revision info: no-info [Git failed/Not a repository]
preCICE:^[[0m Build type: Release (without debug log)
preCICE:^[[0m Configuring preCICE with configuration "../precice-config-parallel.xml"
preCICE:^[[0m I am participant "SolverOne"
preCICE:^[[0m Setting up primary communication to coupling partner/s

System info:

• preCICE version: 2.4.0
  • Open MPI version: 4.1.3

How can I resolve this issue? Please let me know if more information is needed.

Does any of these hints help? Help! The participants are not finding each other! - #2 by Makis

Hello @Makis. The solver dummy is now running. Iā€™m not sure what exactly fixed it but I did the following changes:

1. Installed the python package mpi4py in the working environment and using it instead of the same package available as a module on the cluster.

2. Included the network interface in the configuration file:

<m2n:sockets from="SolverOne" to="SolverTwo" exchange-directory="../" network="ib0" />

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.