Welcome to the preCICE Forum on Discourse

What is preCICE?

preCICE is a coupling library for partitioned multi-physics simulations, such as fluid-structure interaction or conjugate heat transfer simulations. preCICE couples existing programs capable of simulating a subpart of the complete physics involved in a simulation. This forum is about discussing present and future use-cases of the library as well as helping each other to achieve individual goals and collective success. Read also: “What is preCICE? - #3 by Makis”.

Resources

Starting with preCICE, you may find the following resources useful: The preCICE website and, in particular the preCICE documentation and an overview of all community channels.

How do I get support?

This forum is the place where users help users. Thus, please get active and contribute. The maintainers of preCICE try to help whenever time allows. There are particular topics where our expertise is limited and your help is most useful: consider joining one of the respective groups of users.

If you need fast and reliable priority support by the maintainers of preCICE, consider joining the preCICE support program.

Where can I help?

Subscribe to tags/categories you could see yourself helping others, and add yourself to one of the groups of users on topics we need help with. These include CalculiX users, code_aster users, SU2 users.

Anything I should pay special attention to?

Please help us moderate the forum by applying tags to your threads and by adding them to the right category (check the descriptions).

When you post error messages, please include them as text (not screenshots) and select “preformatted text” to format them as code. This makes it way easier for us and other users to help you.

The platform we use (Discourse) gives you more permissions the more you engage in the community and grow up the ladder of trust levels, including creating new tags for topics you are interested in.