Using Openfoam and Calculix to solve the official example of turek hron fsi3

During the coupling process, this issue was encountered as follows. At present, we have checked the XML file in preCICE, the preciceDict file in Openfoam, and the yaml file in Calculix.
I don’t know how to solve this problem.

Terminal output issue:

--[precice]  Computing "partition-of-unity RBF" mapping from mesh "Fluid-Mesh-Centers" to mesh "Solid-Mesh" in "read" direction.
---[precice] ERROR:  Output vertex 2.42092e-322,9.48702e+170 of mesh "Solid-Mesh" could not be assigned to any cluster in the rbf-pum mapping. This probably means that the meshes do not match well geometry-wise: Visualize the exported preCICE meshes to confirm. If the meshes are fine geometry-wise, you can try to increase the number of "vertices-per-cluster" (default is 50), the "relative-overlap" (default is 0.15), or disable the option "project-to-input".These options are only valid for the <mapping:rbf-pum-direct/> tag.
corrupted double-linked list

Have you checked if the meshes follow the same x/y/z assumption, and if they are in the same (approximate) locations in space, as the error message suggests?

The fluid mesh is drawn through Openfoam’s blockMesh (which means that the mesh is drawn almost unchanged, only the overall mesh is shifted to the origin along the positive z-axis), and the structural mesh is drawn through Abaquse. Meanwhile, it can also ensure that the x/y/z axes of the fluid mesh and the structural mesh are the same. I don’t know why this problem arose
Here are my fluid mesh files and Calculix’s inp files. I look forward to your help

blockMeshDict.txt (7.5 KB)

Job-3.inp (48.5 KB)

1 Like

How do the preCICE exports of the solid mesh look like? I’m pretty sure the output mesh vertex

Output vertex 2.42092e-322,9.48702e+170

does not match the fluid mesh provided by OpenFOAM. Can you visualize the mesh/vertex in the export?

1 Like

I have a feeling that this may be an issue in the CalculiX adapter.

The vertex coordinates 2.42092e-322,9.48702e+170 and the error corrupted double-linked list are strong suggestions that we are accessing some uninitialized memory.
The latter could be a consequence of preCICE aborting, but this is hard to know.

@cj1823149636 can you reproduce this crash with one of our tutorials?
Could you run CalculiX in a debugger and see if it catches some signal?

hi, thank you for your reply. The original issue was when I used Abaquse to partition the grid and write the input file for Calculix, coupled with Openfoam. At present, I don’t know how to solve this problem. The point outputted by the terminal is clearly not on my structural grid, and I am very confused. I am currently using Abaquse and Prepomax to visualize and write input files for the input domain, so there is no problem with coupling. Perhaps this is an adapter issue with Calculix.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.