Fluent adapter error

hi:
I’m doing fsi coupling in fluent and abaqus.I’m having some difficulties.
(1)Is there a run order problem with fluent and abaqus adapters?What is the difference between the fluent adapter startup and post startup?

(2)When I start the abaqus adapter first and then the fluent adapter, fluent gives the following error message,can you tell me why? very thanks:

Hi @ilovenili

Whether there is a run order problem between Fluent and Abaqus depends on the order in which you are transferring data. Are you initializing data at the start? This could be a potential problem.

Where do you see the startup and post startup?

The error you see if unfortunately not very informative. Perhaps searching about it on the a Fluent user forum like CFDOnline could help. It seems like a Fluent problem rather than a coupling problem.

I assume that you are using some command-line system that cannot show graphics.

Is this a remote machine? Instead of just ssh, try ssh -Y, to forward windows.

Is this WSL / Docker? You may need to enable X-forwarding somehow.

it’s wsl ubuntu, and not remote machine, all are do in one computer

and other error is :
int Fluent_21_2_0 adapter, and in Cavity2D example, xml is as follow:

it should be consistent for “moving_base_nodes”?
@IshaanDesai @Makis

@ilovenili you are right, having a conservative mapping for displacements does not make any sense. It needs to be consistent.

I have pushed the correction to the config file of the Cavity2D example. Thanks for this @ilovenili .

1 Like

@IshaanDesai
I have another little question that has nothing to do with this thread, it’s just too much trouble to start another one:
The question is: if it’s an implicit containment subcycle, do you need to get data from the other side at each time step, or only get the other side’s data in the last time step?

I do not understand your question, do you mean do you need to get data from the other side at implicit iteration, or only get the other side’s data once per time step? Or is this not what you mean.

i only want to know how precice works.
it’s that:
at implicit iteration, precice read the other side’s data once per time step? or precice only read the other side’s data at last time step? or we can set it in xml file?

preCICE will read the data once per time step, from the perspective of the solver which is reading the data. The actual transfer of data from one side to the other happens in the advance() call, so when you call readData(...), preCICE is giving you the latest data it got from the other side.

Previously I only knew that data had to be exchanged at the time window, now I know that by calling readdata… , we can exchange data with each other at any time, it’s right?

@ilovenili please make a new thread per new major question. I consider the original question about Fluent as answered already.

Regarding your last point here: You can write and read data multiple times in a coupling time window, but data exchange will happen only inside an advance(). With time interpolation, you can also ask for interpolated values in readData(...).

Let’s continue in different threads.

1 Like

ok,we will continue in next thread

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.