Create PATH for calculix precice adapter

Hello all,
I’m trying to install Calculix and Precice to run FSI simulation with OpenFoam. I’ve been following these instructions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0RuGXiLvrs). At 17:12, he mentions to go in .local/bin however I get no such file or directory.
Basically I’m stuck on the create PATH part.
If anyone could help me that would be appreciated. I’m on ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS

Thanks,
Marc

Official documentation:

SInce you are using Ubuntu 20.04 (focal fossa), you can just do:

get https://github.com/precice/calculix-adapter/releases/download/v2.20.0/calculix-precice2_2.20.0-1_amd64_focal.deb
sudo apt install ./calculix-precice2_2.20.0-1_amd64_focal.deb

Side note for the future reader: If you use preCICE from a build directory, you may need to set the following in your ~/.bashrc (see Building from source - Finding | preCICE - The Coupling Library):

PRECICE_PREFIX="/path/to/precice/build"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$PRECICE_PREFIX:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export LIBRARY_PATH="$PRECICE_PREFIX:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export CPATH="$PRECICE_PREFIX/src:$PRECICE_PREFIX/../extras/bindings/c/include/:$CPATH"
export INCLUDE_PATH="$PRECICE_PREFIX/../extras/bindings/c/include/:$INCLUDE_PATH"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PRECICE_PREFIX:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH"

After the CalculiX adapter for v3 is released (or when Use includes in more build steps by MakisH · Pull Request #119 · precice/calculix-adapter · GitHub gets merged), it will be enough to only specify the PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

Thanks for your reply,

I was using Linux on WSL. I’ve seen gone another path and install ubuntu on a virtual machine with VMware. I’m getting a different error this time. I’ll start another thread to not confuse it for future reader

I’ve also try what your suggesting but it doesn’t work for me. I forgot the exact error but it saying access denied to something. I know you can’t help me without the error code but just wanted to let you know.

I’m lost here. I tried it again and I don’t get any error but it doesn’t install

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'calculix-precice2' instead of './calculix-precice2_2.20.0-1_amd64_jammy.deb'
calculix-precice2 is already the newest version (2.20.0-1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
instead of './calculix-precice2_2.20.0-1_amd64_jammy.deb'

Your Ubuntu version is 20.04, which has the name “Focal Fossa”. You are trying to install a package for jammy, i.e., “Jammy Jellyfish”, 22.04. This is just the Ubuntu convention.

What this is telling you later, is that you already have the package installed:

calculix-precice2 is already the newest version (2.20.0-1).

Which means that if you run ccx_preCICE, you should get this message:

$ ccx_preCICE
Usage: CalculiX.exe -i jobname