Turek-Hron FSI with OpenFOAM and CalculiX

Hi @Makis

I’m sorry for the delayed response. I was doing a lot of testing on this case and ran from one problem into another.

That was my first guess too, so I tried to get a picture of it but the problem was that the simulation takes up too much storage with a writeinterval of 0.001 in ascii as well as in binary.
So my next try was to restart the simulation at a previous time to save some storage like I stated before. But this still doesn’t work and I don’t know why because in other cases it works out fine.

I tried using the C3D8I elements for CalculiX but as you have already predicted, it has only gotten worse. The Simulation crashed after the first few 100 Iterations.

After some research I’ve found this post and tried to copy this FSI2 case but can’t get it to run. Is there any way that I can download the whole case from Github like the tutorials? (I’m not that into Github) At the moment I can only take a look at the code.
For now I would try this FSI2 case to ensure that the error is not with my adapters.