Some question about saveoldstatus and reloadoldstatus about fluent adapter

hi:
in fluent_21_2_0 adapter, why so simple about saveoldstatus and reloadoldstatus,as follow:
if (precicec_isActionRequired(precicec_actionWriteIterationCheckpoint())){
udf_convergence = 1;
precicec_markActionFulfilled(precicec_actionWriteIterationCheckpoint());
}
if (precicec_isActionRequired(precicec_actionReadIterationCheckpoint())){
udf_convergence = 0;
precicec_markActionFulfilled(precicec_actionReadIterationCheckpoint());
}

my question is :
Why is there no code related to storing the initial state?

Hi @ilovenili

The variable udf_convergence is like a boolean which the adapter uses state whether convergence has been achieved or not. The variable is set for use in the .scm files by calling:

RP_Set_Integer("udf/convergence", udf_convergence);

Once the variable is set, it is used in the init-fsi.scm and solve-fsi.scm files which actually control the coupling workflow.

thanks.
Actually, I mean why does openfoam have to write a lot of code to store all kinds of information about the solver, but fluent only uses one parameter?

The way adapters are written for OpenFOAM and Fluent are very different. the The OpenFOAM adapter can handle different types of data, whereas the Fluent adapter can only handle data for a FSI (Fluid Structure Interaction) problem. The intention is to use Fluent as a fluid participant in a FSI coupling. This is one of the reasons why the implementations for implicit coupling look very different for the OpenFOAM and Fluent adapters.

it’s that: when we use “udf_convergence = 1”,the fluent have save old data automatic?

HI @ilovenili

Yes, Fluent will save the data when you set udf_convergence = 1. The adapter is built for specific applications, and I assume you are using it for a FSI simulation, where Fluent is the fluid participant. So the respective variables will be stored and reused if necessary.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.