Seeking References for the CalculiX Adapter

Dear All,

I am very interested in the CalculiX adapter and would like to obtain more reference materials to understand it more deeply.

I want to access Lucia Cheung Yau’s master’s thesis titled “Conjugate heat transfer with the multiphysics coupling library preCICE”. I tried searching for it on Google, but everything seems to lead to this link: Startseite - Lehrstuhl für Wissenschaftliches Rechnen. Unfortunately, it only takes me to a related webpage, not the expected PDF document. I tried looking for it on the webpage, found some descriptions, but still no PDF. How can I obtain this reference?

I also read another reference, “Official preCICE Adapters for Standard Open-Source Solvers”, which was great. However, my question is, Lucia Cheung Yau’s thesis seems to focus more on the CHT aspect, while I’m particularly interested in the FSI part of the CalculiX adapter. Is the coverage on FSI relatively limited in her work? Are there any other recommended readings on the CalculiX adapter, especially regarding FSI?

Next, I plan to delve into the CalculiX adapter’s source code, which is quite exciting. I think that having more literature on the CalculiX adapter would help me understand the code better. If anyone has recommendations, I’d love to hear them, and I will definitely read them carefully.

Best regards.

Hi @studyhardhardhard

Accessing theses done at the Chair of Scientific Computing in Computer Science (SCCS) at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) has been an issue since a major restructuring happened at TUM. Essentially all old links are now broken. Perhaps @Makis knows where these theses are right now.

Regarding the FSI functionality of the CalculiX adapter, I think the best way to get an understanding of how things work is to really look at the file PreciceInterface.c and try to follow the main time loop and then look at what each function does. This is not ideal, but often quite helpful.

Thank you for your reply.

You have pointed me in the right direction, and this is very helpful. I will carefully review the relevant C files. Thanks again.

At the same time, if possible, I look forward to reading the related reference soon.

@Makis Can you help me with this? Thank you!

1 Like

Excuse me, I also need the thesis “Efficient and Flexible Partitioned Simulation of Fluid-Structure Interactions” by Bernhard Gatzhammer, but the link is also inactive.

Could you share it along with “Conjugate heat transfer with the multiphysics coupling library preCICE”? Thank you for sharing!