How to use axisymmetric models in precice

Hi, I’m using openfoam and calculix to simulate fluid-structure coupling.
The axisymmetric model used by openfoam is a quasi 2D model.Axisymmetric element CAX4 for calculix.Both models are in the xy-plane and the z-axis is out of the plane.

The red line indicates the surface of the data exchange, which is actually a line.
The error is reported as follows:
ccx_preCICE: adapter/PreciceInterface.c:559: PreciceInterface_ConfigureNodesMesh: Assertion `count == interface->num2DNodes && “Filtering of 2D nodes not done properly. Please make sure the out-of-plane axis is Z-axis”’ failed.

Please, any suggestions on how to solve this problem? I’ve also checked the forums for related issues but still don’t understand how to solve it, thank you very much!

Are you using 2D or 3D coupling meshes in preCICE? Is the solid model 2D or 3D?

Thank you for your reply. :smiling_face:
I use 2D coupling meshes in preCICE.
The solid model is quasi two dimensional.CalculiX expands axisymmetric elements to one layer of 3D elements in a 2 degree sector.
Both calculix and openfoam can only simulate 3D models, but there is only one layer of mesh in the z-direction, so they can be viewed as quasi 2D models.
What can I do to solve this problem?

I would try to go fully 3D in terms of preCICE meshes here. OpenFOAM has special treatment for such wedge-shaped meshes, but preCICE does not.