Using clusters on AWS - OpenFoam

I am trying to use a large cluster for FSI work. I am using AWS, but I suspect this issue may affect other cluster too.

The cluster processors don’t seem to be able to locate the preciceAdapterFunctionObject.

OpenFOAM reports
“[10] → FOAM FATAL ERROR:
[10] Unknown function type preciceAdapterFunctionObject”

I have found the location for libpreciceAdapterFunctionObject.so, and it appears to be on the head node.

How do I tell the other nodes where this function is located?

When I run the problem on the headnode only it runs fine.

Have you tried this on an Amazon ECS Cluster (Amazon ECS clusters - Amazon Elastic Container Service)? (OR) Are you using a single instance such as c5a.16xlarge (32 cores)? Perhaps, you are referring to the former? If it is the latter, you should have no problem as far as I know.

1 Like

I think I fixed this problem
On AWS when compiling openfoam, calculix and precice, many of the libraries are placed on the headnode. However to run a problem, it is submitted as a batch job to the compute nodes. I am also using a separate file system (Lustre) to hold the run files. This separate file system cannot find the libraries on the head node, (even with the proper path given by the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable). The fix is to copy the library files onto the Lustre file system and set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to that location.

(Satish…I am using a ECS Cluster with Lustre file system)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.