Dear preCICE users,
We are currently redesigning the preCICE internal mesh representation to reduce the memory overhead of meshes.
One major potential gain is to compute the normals of edges and triangles on-demand. However, the vertex normals would be prohibitively expensive to compute on-demand. Hence, we are considering to remove them from preCICE.
For a user of preCICE there are 2 ways of accessing these vertex normals:
Please give us some insight in how you use these features.
- I use the vertex normals of vertexCallback().
- I use the python actions, but don’t use the vertex normals.
- I don’t use the user-defined python acitons.
- What are user-defined python actions?
- Actions? What are actions?
- I use the point normals of vtk exports.
- I don’t use the point normals of vtk exports.
- I don’t use vtk exports.
- What are vtk exports?
Thank you for your time!
The preCICE team