How to perform integration tests for precice's main features?

HI:
I would like to test the main functions of precice, but even the official 2D examples are too complicated for me, can you give me some advice on what simple examples I can use to test the interpolation, acceleration, etc. of precice (excluding unit testing).

preCICE already defines integration tests: precice/tests at develop · precice/precice · GitHub

They work pretty much like defining solvers that use preCICE. Here is an example for the Aitken acceleration:

We also have documentation on how to write such tests:

https://precice.org/dev-docs-dev-testing.html

Specifically for the mapping, maybe the tool you are looking for is ASTE, with which you can only focus on the mapping, for example:

it looks like very useful!

@Makis I downloaded the latest aste, but the local precice is version 2.5, and it reported an error when compiling the aste with the following message:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:24 (find_package).
  Could not find a configuration file for package "precice" that is
  compatible with requested version "3.0".

The following configuration files were considered but not accepted.

/usr/local/lib/cmake/precice/preciceConfig.cmake, version: 2.5.0

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

so,my question is :how to solve it?

now, I download aste of verison 2.0.0, and it’s ok when build, but it’s error when run “make install” and error when run “make test”,i don’t know why?

why?

The aste version compatible with preCICE version 2.X is actually aste version 3.0.0. You can find more details regarding the compatible versions in the release notes: Releases · precice/aste · GitHub
The aste version supporting preCICE version 3.X is aste version 3.1.0.

my precice version: 2.5.0

This suggests that something went wrong during the configuration.
Try removing the build directory, recreating it, and configure ASTE again using CMake.