FSI: OpenFOAM adapter with interFOAM

@Alphaoo1 the weirdest part I see is that time becomes negative already in the beginning of the fluid simulation:

---[precice] e[0m it 1 | dt# 1 | t -0.899067 of 5 | dt 0.01 | max dt 0.909067 | ongoing yes | dt complete no | 

Any idea why this could be happening? Have you modified the OpenFOAM adapter or are you doing some special time step size restriction in your solver?

A compressible calculation should be no problem for the adapter.

Is this true for the Openfoam7 branch of the OF adapter?

Yes, the OpenFOAM7 branch also has the compressible FSI feature merged.

No for this simulation, it was the OpenFOAM adapter from preCICE.
For incompressible interFoam I am using the modified OpenFOAM adapter by maoxm.

I am also trying to set up a compressibleInterFoam case, which should ideally run with the OpenFOAM adapter without any modifications, but I have some issues in the BC and it’s creating errors. I will update it if I am able to solve this.

I am also trying to set up a compressibleInterFoam case for FSI, but i meet the errors: Did not find the correct rho. I would like to know if you succeeded in counting the examples ?

@JCZheng I don’t remember exactly what steps I did, but I have added a rho field in the createFields.H file of the interFoam solver.
If you need help compiling the solver with the added field let me know I can list out the steps.
Also, an error log file might help me better understand the error if this doesn’t help.

const volScalarField& rho1 = mixture.thermo1().rho();
const volScalarField& rho2 = mixture.thermo2().rho();

volScalarField rho
(
    IOobject
    (
        "rho",
        runTime.timeName(),
        mesh,
        IOobject::READ_IF_PRESENT,
        IOobject::AUTO_WRITE
    ),